In today's world, looking for love is only a click, swipe, or like away.
As more and more people are giving online dating a shot, this technical transformation of 'finding love' is a common thing now.
In this Buzzle article, we will provide the statistics for the same.
Oonline dating statics
Most of the matching process on these websites require you to fill our an elaborate compatibility questionnaire.
Depending on your answers, you can easily find eligible men/women for a casual friendship or serious relationship.
It has become a common means to meet someone new now more than ever before, regardless of age, gender, race, and financial stature.
Forbes claims that as of now, 11% of American adults use a variety of online dating sites to either find someone to date or just hangout with. Well, in order to estimate the future of online dating―which appears brighter than ever―we need to go over the latest statistics; and here they are.
On the other hand, this number was only about 3% in 2008. An article on com Score states that in July 2013, about 65% of all online daters used to look for a potential date or serious relationship via desktop.
On the other hand, the remaining 35% of those used their cell phones to get the task done.
Come July 2014, only a year later, the number of mobile-only users increased to a whopping 60%, leaving the remaining 40% still accessing the sites through a desktop.
Although people of different age groups find online dating appealing, 1 in 5 adults between the ages of 25 and 34 years have used it.
Via a survey conducted by Pew Internet Center in April-May 2013 gives us a proper age demographic of American adults who have used online dating sites and/or apps.